Objectives: This two-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to successfully support and administer Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) version 2.0 in their organizations. It emphasizes that students should think about the architecture of their entire environment, including business and application needs, during support and administration. It covers the security, day to day administration, tools, data management, troubleshooting, configuration and other maintenance activities likely to be faced by the support and administration team.
Target Audience: This course is intended for Business Application Administrators (BAAs) who are responsible for the in service support of They routinely monitor application status and troubleshoot application problems. The audience is expected to have at least two years of experience in implementing, managing, and supporting Microsoft Windows Server 2003, including Internet Information Services (IIS).
Duration: 2 Days
Module 1: Introduction to the Windows
SharePoint Services 2.0 Platform
This module explains how the Windows SharePoint Services 2.0 platform helps
address collaboration challenges.
- Overview of Windows SharePoint Services 2.0
- Collaboration Technologies Offered by Windows SharePoint Services
- Identifying How WSS Helps Address Collaboration Challenges
- Identifying the Collaboration Challenges in your Organization
- Identifying the Windows SharePoint Services 2.0 Features that Help
Address Collaboration Challenges
Module 2: Overview of Managing Windows SharePoint Services 2.0
This module explains how to manage Windows SharePoint Services 2.0.
- Managing Windows SharePoint Services 2.0 Sites
- Managing the Windows SharePoint Services 2.0 Server
- Managing Windows SharePoint
- Services 2.0 Site Settings
- Troubleshooting issues on SharePoint Services 2.0
- Troubleshooting Windows SharePoint Services 2.0 Server Performance
Module 3: Administering Windows SharePoint Services 2.
This module explains how to administer Windows SharePoint Services 2.0.
- Creating users and roles
- Creating and Configuring Sites
- Configuring the Services on the Windows SharePoint Services 2.0 Server
- Creating a Web Application and Site Collection
- Creating a Web Application
- Creating a Site Collection
- Starting the Windows SharePoint Services Search Service
- Configuring the Alternate Access Mappings
Module 4: Advanced Administration
- Connecting to Windows SharePoint Services
- Site Provisioning Settings
- Creating, Editing, and Deleting Windows SharePoint Services Sites
- Synchronizing Users, Permissions, and Other Information
- Accessing Windows SharePoint Services Site Administration
- Synchronizing Administrator Accounts
- Manage My Information
- Top-Level Site Administration
- Users and Permissions
- Management and Statistics
- Site Collection Galleries
- Site Collection Administration
- Central Administration
- Virtual Server Configuration
- Security Configuration
- Server Configuration
- Component Configuration