This 5-day intensive training course is designed for graduates, new market
entrants, or those not qualified but actively involved in financial functions
within banks and companies to ensure that they have a sound understanding
of the techniques of double entry accounting and can apply its principles
in recording transactions, adjusting financial records and preparing non-complex
Participants to this intensive course will learn and understand the three
main aspects of accounting:
- Maintaining financial records
- Candidates will be proficient in the use of double entry accounting
techniques and the maintenance of accounting records.
- Adjustments to accounting records and financial statements
- Candidates will be able to identify and correct omissions and
errors in accounting records and financial statements.
- Preparing financial statements
- Candidates will be able to specify the components of financial
statements, and prepare and present non-complex accounts for sole
traders, partnerships and limited companies.
Following completion of this training course an International Certificate
in Accounting will be issued by the ACA Official Training Provider to
the delegate by post.
Who Should Attend?
- New market entrants
- University graduates
- Non-qualified accountants & finance functions
- Anyone who wishes to learn the essential elements of accounting
Classroom teaching using power-point slides and study workbooks as published
by the ICAEW are supplemented by the expertise, experience and know-how
of the qualification accounting trainer.
While functional numeracy and a basic understanding of how businesses
operate are an advantage there are no pre-requisites.
- Introduction to accounting
- The accounting equation
- Recording financial transactions
- Ledger accounting and double entry
- Preparing basic financial statements
- Control accounts, errors and omissions
- Accounting concepts and conventions
- Cost of sales, accruals and prepayments
- Irrecoverable debts and allowances
- Non-current assets and depreciation
- Company financial statements
- Company financial statements under UK GAAP
- Sole trader and partnership financial statements under UK GAAP
State of the art facilities
Delegates can study in our comfortable hi-tech learning environment in
London, near Liverpool Street Station