This 5-day intensive training course is designed for those not qualified
but actively involved in financial functions within banks and companies
to ensure that they have a sound understanding of the techniques of preparing
financial information for the management of a business.
The aim of the Assurance module is ensure that delegates understand the
assurance process and fundamental principles of ethics and are able to
contribute to the assessment of internal controls and gathering of evidence
on an assurance engagement.
Participating in this course will take away a sound understanding of
- The concept, process and need for assurance
- Internal controls
- Gathering evidence on an assurance engagement
- Professional ethics
Following completion of this training course an International Certificate
in Audit & Assurance will be issued by the ACA Official Training Provider
to the delegate by post.
Who Should Attend?
- Non-qualified accountants & finance functions in banks and companies
- Anyone who wishes to learn the essential elements of financial management
- New market entrants
- University graduates
Classroom teaching using power-point slides and study workbooks
as published by the ICAEW are supplemented by the expertise, experience
and know-how of the qualified accounting trainer.
While functional numeracy and a basic understanding of how businesses
operate are an advantage there are no formal pre-requisites.
- Concept of and need for assurance
- Process of assurance: obtaining an engagement
- Process of assurance: planning the assignment
- Process of assurance: evidence and reporting
- Introduction to internal control
- Revenue system
- Purchases system
- Employee costs
- Internal audit
- Evidence and sampling
- Management representations
- Substantive procedures – key financial statement figures
- Codes of professional ethics
- Integrity, objectivity and independence
State of the art facilities
Delegates can study in our comfortable hi-tech learning environment in
London, near Liverpool Street Station.