Objectives: In this one day course you will collaborate with team members and share information with them using Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013. You will create, edit, and find your way around SharePoint sites as a central place to store and share information with team members. The course will also show you how to use blogs and wikis to share your knowledge.
Target Audience: Anyone in the organisation who will be involved in projects and collaborating with other team members
Pre-Requisites: This course is aimed at delegates that have had no previous exposure to SharePoint 2013. Familiarity with the Office 2013 interface and navigational tools is highly recommended.
Duration: 1 Day
Follow on Courses: Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Power User Training
Module 1: Understanding
- Overview of SharePoint 2010
- Get Started Using SharePoint 2010
- Search for Content
- Use Alerts
- Welcome User Links - an Overview
- Personalise your SharePoint 2010 Page
Module 2: Finding Content
SharePoint provides the ability to store vast amounts of content in a
variety of locations. This module covers a set of tools which help efficiently
locate relevant information.
- Search and Search Index
Module 3: List Basics
Lists serve as the structure for calendars, discussion boards, contacts,
and tasks in SharePoint 2010. This module explains the concept of lists,
and reviews popular out-of-the-box options. Students learn effective ways
to use and contribute to lists.
- Demonstrations of filters and views highlight
usability and efficiency.
- How to Add and Modify Content
- Overview of Default Lists and List Templates
- Add, Modify & Delete Content in SP 2010 Lists
- Sort and Filter Content
- Advanced List Features
- Use Default and Custom Views Connect a List to Microsoft Outlook
4 - SharePoint Libraries
A document library is a location on a site where you can create,
collect, update and share files with
others. Explanation of the benefits of using a library teaches you how
to work with documents in a library.
- Introduction to document libraries
- Uploading, creating and deleting documents
- Working with folders and document sets
- Working with documents in a library
- Working with document properties
- Document Management Features
- Using document workflows
Module 5 – Office 2010 Integration
To take advantage of many features which SharePoint 2010 has, you
need to understand SharePoint's relationship with other MS applications.
This module provides an essential overview of the MS products which are
most commonly used in conjunction with SharePoint 2010 and discusses at
an overview level the advantages of each program when combined with SharePoint.
Module 6 - Working with Web Parts
- Adding Web parts
- Modifying Web Part Settings
- Deleting/Closing Web Parts
- Using the Summary Links Web Part